Today I turn 31. I expect this will be a year of great change and wonderful achievements and I can’t wait for it to all happen. To commemorate the glorious day of my birth I thought I would spend some time making myself goals for the upcoming year. [As a side note, this is a tremendously Virgo-esque type of activity; I fit my astrological sign so well!] First, I thought of making weight goals but since I am a lifelong fat girl, I have no real idea as to what a good goal weight should be. Seriously, according to BMI I should weigh 130 lbs. to be normal; the closest I ever got to that was 135 lbs. and I was a stinking size 4. I refuse to believe that a size used by runway models is the “normal weight” I should shoot for. Since I could not derive a number weight I think should be my goal, I have decided to instead list 10 (because it’s a great number) NSVs I plan to accomplish this year. Here they are, in no particular order:
- I will pay down my credit card debt with the money I save on food.
- I will walk a half marathon at the same pace as my friends (heck, I will walk a half marathon).
- I will wear heels out on the town for a whole night without thinking my feet hurt.
- I will fit into booths at restaurants and desks at school.
- I will shop for clothes at J.Crew and Anthropologie (because the world needs one more preppy person).
- I will go to a yoga class and be able to keep up with the super skinny/flexible instructor.
- I will put myself out there and network at a professional conference with confidence.
- I will flirt shamelessly with a man at a bar, have him buy me a drink, and then ditch him without regret.
- I will post a picture on Facebook that I am willing - no excited - to tag myself in.
- I will dance in public without fear of others watching. Maybe I will even dance in the rain.
Happy birthday to me and happy Friday to everyone else!