Hey there everybody. Thanks so much for all the new friends and support! It is nice to feel that I am not alone in this journey. As a new "bandster" (is that what we are called) I am a little confused by the lingo and would love a crash course in all the acronyms and euphemisms people use. Right now I feel like the old Luddite that doesn't know what OMG or LOL means only this time there are even more specific terms to learn.
Some acronyms I have come across thus far:
- BOOBS: Band Of Outrageous Babes (apparently a kickin' group of gals who are going to party away in Chicago soon - I am jealous!)
- NSV: Non Scale Victory (a term to describe goals and achievements that are related to weight loss but not the actual loss)
- BM: Am I right to assume this is just a nicer way of saying poo?
Additions (via comments and further blog readings):
- PB: a Productive Burp, one that happens to bring up the food you just ate
- NUT: Nutritionist
- TOM: Time Of Month, a rather manly moniker for Aunt Flo's monthly visitation
- ONEderland: a fantastic name for getting below 200 lbs.
- FUPA: Fat Upper Public Area, a nicer way of saying all my tummy junk that makes my jeans look bad
- WLS: Weight Loss Surgery
- NP: Nurse Practitioner
What am I missing?